Bouchard Finlayson - A Boutique Winery

The Wines

Our viticulture is unique in South Africa. It is a high density planting system, ensuring 9000 vines per hectare, which is not to be seen elsewhere in the Cape. Vines are planted, one meter apart, in five rows. The sixth row is missing to facilitate the spraying of the vines and to avoid compaction of the soils. High density planting ensures a greater surface of leaf exposure per hectare and also restricts the root growth, which results in greater concentration of fruit extract.

These vines are all trellised on a double “Guyot” system. As practised in Burgundy, green harvest takes place at veraison. Approximately 35% of the green fruit is removed. The remaining 65% develops greater fruit extract. Experienced pickers harvest all grapes by hand. The picking team moves through the vineyard up to three times, to ensure that grapes are picked at optimum ripeness & health.

CURRENT VINTAGES

The cellars have the following vintages available for tasting and purchase:



2009 TÊTE DE CUVÉE GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR


2010 TÊTE DE CUVÉE GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR


2012 GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR


2012 HANNIBAL


2010 KAAIMANSGAT LIMITED EDITION CHARDONNAY


2012 MISSIONVALE CHARDONNAY


2013 CROCODILE’S LAIR / KAAIMANSGAT CHARDONNAY


2013 SANS BARRIQUE CHARDONNAY


2010 SAUVIGNON BLANC 'RESERVE'


2013 WALKER BAY SAUVIGNON BLANC


2013 BLANC DE MER






CURRENT VINTAGES
2009 TÊTE DE CUVÉE GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR
2010 TÊTE DE CUVÉE GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR
2012 GALPIN PEAK PINOT NOIR
2012 HANNIBAL
2010 KAAIMANSGAT LIMITED EDITION CHARDONNAY
2012 MISSIONVALE CHARDONNAY
2013 CROCODILE’S LAIR / KAAIMANSGAT CHARDONNAY
2013 SANS BARRIQUE CHARDONNAY
2010 SAUVIGNON BLANC 'RESERVE'
2013 WALKER BAY SAUVIGNON BLANC
2013 BLANC DE MER


home | the winemaker | the vineyard | the wines | contacts | for visitors | news & events | photo gallery | preferred partners | site map
BOUCHARD FINLAYSON WINERY, P.O. Box 303, HERMANUS 7200, SOUTH AFRICA
TELEPHONE: (+27) 28 312 3515, FAX: (+27) 28 312 2317, EMAIL: info@bouchardfinlayson.co.za